A snapshot of my life. A portrait of me as I connect to the world and what I do .
Recreating the frontpage layout
The front page layout of the Journal uses a combination of Joomla Bamboo modules. The main focus is the use of our JB Slideshow module in the banner position and the jtweet, the new jlastfm module and jflickr modules their respective grid positions. You can see screenshots of the settings used for these module below.
Here is a quick run down of the modules we have used on the front page of the demo site.
- A custom html module is published to the top1 position with the text: "A snapshot ..."
- The top right area contains some social icon links that link to pages on your site. The link, position and the image for the icon are all controlled int he admin area of the template under the appearance tab.
- The logo is set to display in the header row.
- The main menu is a core Joomla menu published the left position.
- The JB Slideshow3 module is published to the banner position. You can see the settings for the slideshow module in this position via the below.
- There are three modules published to tab1 (Microblog), tab2 (Custom Html module), tab3 (Microblog) and tab4 (Microblog).
- An instance of the jLastFM module is published to the grid13 position.
- An instance of the jTweet module is published to the Grid17 position.
- An instance of the jFlickr module is published to the Grid21 position
- Two instances of the latets news moduel is published to the bottom2 and bottom4 module positions.
- A core Joomla menu module is published to the footer module position.
- The Joomla Bamboo logo is set via the template parameters and can be set to be displayed or removed depending on the permission granted by your subscription.
Setting up the slideshow
The slideshow module has the ability to display both Joomla content items and K2 items in a content fading / sliding / scrolling module. The demo site uses Joomla content to display the content and the settings that were used are below:
|< Prev||Next >|