Installing newstream in a fresh version of joomla
Although the Newstream template is a simple design the default Joomla sample data doesnt quite do it justice and so here are a few steps to do if you are installing the Newstream template into a default Joomla installation.
Elements to install.
- Install the Newstream template
- Install the Zen Grid Framework
- Install the JB LIbrary plugin
- Install JB Slideshow
- Install captifyContent
- Install Microblog
- Install the JB BB Code plugin (For two line menus)
Elements to unpublish
- Unpublish all modules in the right column
- Disable the module title in the breadcrumb module
- Disable main menu items except for home menu item
Change position of some elements
- Move main menu to the menu position
Taking these few steps should help to put the template into perspective for you. For here you can start to build out your site by adding extensions like the micro-blog module the slideshow module, captifyContent or install K2 component.