New? Start Here ...
After serving more than 3000 businesses in the area why not start with our range of professional stuff now.
- Complete brand prototyping
- Ingenious image moulding
- Planetary enlightenment
- Shadow Politics
- Counter balanced economics
Let's get social
- Follow us on twitter
- Contact via skype
- Feed yourself our latest news
- We make videos
- Our photography stream
Recreating the frontpage layout
The front page layout of the Rasa template is reasonably straightforward. The main focus is the use of our JB Slideshow module in the advert1 position and the microblog module in the advert4 position. You can see screenshots of the settings used for these module below.
Here is a quick run down of the modules we have used on the front page of the demo site.
- The contact us menu is a core Joomla menu module published to top1.
- The twitter and Rss feed buttons int he top right are social networking buttons that are hardcoded into the template. The settings that control these buttons are located in the template parameters under the appearance tab.
- The logo is controlled in the template parameters also and has a width of 4 cols to match the width of the left column below it.
- The slogan at the top of the page is a custom html module published to the header4 module position and has a width of 8 cols set.
- The main menu is a core Joomla menu published the menu position. You can see a full run down of the settings required to recreate the layout and the superfish menu in the Zen Grid Framework documentation. The two line menu is achieved by using our slight reworking of the original YVBB plugin that renders BB code anywhere on your Joomla site. Take a look at the creating a two line menu tutorial for more information on how to do this.
- The search module is positioned int he search position and is a core Joomla search position.
Setting up the slideshow
The slideshow module has the ability to display both Joomla content items and K2 items in a content fading / sliding / scrolling module. The demo site uses Joomla content to display the content and the settings that were used are below:
The following screenshot highlights the settings used for the microblog module on the front page of the rasa demo site.
|< Prev||Next >|